Rich chocolate pots
Skill level: Bit of effort
Warm the cream so that the melted chocolate doesn't set when added
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 30g (1oz) icing sugar
- 150g bar plain/dark
- chocolate, melted
- 284ml carton double cream
- Ĺ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 small ovenproof dishes, about 60ml (2fl oz) each
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180įC.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and icing sugar until thick and frothy. Gradually whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Warm the double cream and vanilla extract slightly until itís just lukewarm. Fold the cream into the whisked mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the dishes, place them in a roasting tin, then pour boiling water around the dishes, to come about two-thirds of the way up their sides.
- Place the roasting tin in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolate mixture has just set. Remove the tin from the oven and lift the dishes out of the hot water. Leave the pots to cool, then place in the fridge to chill before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 550(kcal)
- Fat 47.0g
- Saturates 30.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.