Turkey tikka eggs
- Oil, for frying
- 500g (1lb) turkey mince
- 2 level tablespoons tikka curry paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 6 medium eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
- 60-90g (2-3oz) dried white breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Mango chutney and salad, to serve
To make this recipe even quicker, you can buy ready cooked hard-boiled eggs
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or chip pan to 180-190°C.
- Mix the turkey mince with the tikka paste, coriander and seasoning and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, then coat each egg with a light coating of the seasoned flour.
- Tip the breadcrumbs on to a plate. Flatten out each portion of turkey mince and wrap one portion around each egg. Shape into neat, round balls. Dip the balls into the beaten egg to completely coat them and then roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Carefully lower 2-3 eggs into the hot oil and cook them for 6-8 minutes, turning them frequently so that they colour evenly. Remove the eggs from the oil and drain them on absorbent kitchen paper. Cook the remaining eggs. Serve the eggs warm or cold with mango chutney and salad.
Not suitable for freezing.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 393(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.