Raspberry & chilli margarita
Skill level: Easy peasy
A tasty winter cocktail, the chilli in this margarita will help to warm your cockles
- 500g frozen raspberries
- 1 red chilli, halved and deseeded
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- A few lime wedges, for the glasses
- extra caster sugar, for the glasses
- Juice of 5 limes
- 10 shots tequila
- Soda water or tonic water
- Put the raspberries, chilli and 100m water and sugar in a pan and heat gently until the
raspberries break down. Allow to infuse for 10 mins, then strain through a sieve. You should have about 300ml juice. Leave to cool.
- Rub the lime wedges around the rims of 10 margarita glasses, then dip each glass in sugar and put in the freezer for 5 mins.
- Add the lime juice to the mixture and divide between the glasses.
- Pour a shot of tequila into each and top up with soda or tonic water.
For more great family recipes every month, subscribe to Essentials Magazine