- 500g (1lb) minced pork
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 dessert apples,cored and sliced
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted
For the fried apple slices, we used Jazz apples, whichkeep their red-skinned colour and hold their shape well during cooking.
- Place the mince meat in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients,except the olive oil, and mix well.
- Divide the mince mixture into 4 and shape each portion into a round,flat burger. Chill the burgers for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the burgers and cook them for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add the apple slices to the pan and cook them for a few minutes on each side, until they are golden, then remove them from the pan.
- Arrange some salad leaves on the bottom half of the toasted ciabatta rolls, top with a pork burger and some apple slices, then place the top on the roll, or prop it against the burger.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 428(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.