Date and apricot pudding
- 60g (2oz) medium oatmeal
- 10-12 fresh dates, stoned
- 20 ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 8tbsp whisky
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 3-4tbsp clear honey
When measuring honey, coat the measuring cup with a non-stick spray of vegetable oil. It will slide right out.Kimberley Hamer, 39, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Grill the oatmeal until toasted. Be careful, it browns quickly!
- Put the dates and apricots in a pan with 6 tbsp whisky and 6 tbsp water, and simmer over a low heat for 10 mins, stirring every so often.
- Mash the mixture roughly with a fork, leaving a few chunks of apricot. Leave to cool.
- Beat the mascarpone, the rest of the whisky and 2tbsp honey in a bowl, then mix in the toasted oatmeal.
- Spoon some of the fruit, then the mascarpone mixture, into 4 serving glasses, then repeat the layers.
- Chill, but bring back to room temperature 15 mins before serving.
- Drizzle with more honey and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 471(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.