Salted pecan cookies
- 300g (10oz) plain flour
- 200g (7oz) unsalted butter, cubed
- 100g (3½oz) caster sugar
- 100g bag white chocolate chips
- 100g bag salted roasted pecans, chopped
- Tip the flour into a bowl and add the butter and rub it in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the caster sugar, chocolate chips and pecan nuts. Work the mixture to bind it together into a stiff dough.
- Divide the mixture in half, and roll each half to about 6-7cm (2½-2¾in) in diameter.3 Wrap each roll in baking parchment and then in foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To bake: Set oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C. Take a roll of dough out of the freezer and remove the foil, but leave it wrapped in the parchment. Allow to thaw for about 15 minutes or until it’s soft enough to slice. Cut the dough into 1cm (½in) thick slices for however many cookies you want and spread them out on a baking sheet, lined with baking parchment. Wrap any remaining dough and return to the freezer. Bake cookies in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are pale golden. Leave to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 150(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 4.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.