Prawn and avocado salad
IngredientsFor the sauce:
- 4 level tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Finely zested rind 1 lemon
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the prawns:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 300g packet of cooked and peeled king prawns
Not suitable for freezing. Prepare ahead: The sauce can be made a day in advance and kept in a covered bowl in the fridge. The prawn and avocado mixture can be made 2-3 hours ahead and kept in a covered bowl in the fridge.
- To make the sauce: Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon rind and Tabasco sauce with the seasoning.
- Pour lemon juice into a bowl and mix in olive oil and dill, then add avocado and stir to coat in the dressing. Stir in prawns
- To serve: Spoon some of the prawn and avocado mixture on to each plate, arrange a few lambsí lettuce leaves on top, and then spoon on some of the sauce
- Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of dill, and then grind black pepper over the top
- Serve immediately
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 275(kcal)
- Fat 24.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.