Skill level: Easy peasy
This delicious melting cheesy starter is perfect for any dinner party but even better on a romantic night in for two. Just watch you don't lose your bread in the Stilton!
- 200ml (7fl oz) medium cider
- 150g (5oz) Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- A few chopped chives
- 2 bagels, halved and toasted
- A few thick celery and carrots sticks
- Pour cider into a pan, cook over a high heat until reduced by about a third
- Crumble in the Stilton and whisk until melted
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl to make a paste, then stir into the pan
- Bring just to the boil to thicken the fondue
- Serve in the pan or transfer to a hot serving bowl
- Sprinkle with chives
- Serve with toasted bagel and the vegetable sticks.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 247(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 11.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.