Baked figs with marsala and maple syrup
- 8 large, ripe figs
- 1 cinnamon stick, roughly broken
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Marsala
- Thick Greek yogurt
If you don't have maple syrup and marsala, use honey and sweet sherry.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig
- Pack the fruit fairly tightly into a shallow baking dish and add pieces of cinnamon stick
- Spoon the maple syrup and Marsala over
- Cover the dish tightly with foil
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how ripe the figs are
- Spoon figs on to a serving platter, then reduce the syrup in a pan for a few minutes and pour it over
- Serve with yogurt
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 129(kcal)
- Fat 0.5g
- Saturates 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.