Video recipe: Jo Pratt's sweet onion & dolcelatte tarts with pear and walnut salad
- 375g ready-rolled pastry
- Olive oil for brushing
- 6 tablespoons caramelized onions, from a jar
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 250g dolcelatte cheese, diced or broken into small pieces
- 2 small ripe pears, cored and cut into small pieces
- 100g watercress
- 2 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
- A small handful of walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons of walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ gas 6.
- Cut pastry into six circles about 10cm in diameter using a large pastry cutter or by cutting around a small plate.
- Place on a lightly greased or non-stick baking tray and score a small border of about 5mm or 1cm around the inside edge of each one.
- Brush the border with olive oil.
- Spread the caramelized onions on top of each piece of puff pastry, within the border.
- Scatter over the thyme leaves and half of the cheese.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- While the pasty is cooking, toss together the pears, watercress, celery, walnuts, walnut oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and arrange on six plates.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and top with remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes for the cheese to just start melting.
- Then serve with the salad.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.