Video recipe: Jo Pratt’s red pepper braised wild rice
This dish goes perfectly with Jo Pratt’s pork and porcini stroganoff
- 40g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 250g basmati and wild rice
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/ fan 150°C/ gas 3-4.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed braising or casserole pan with a lid.
- Saute the onion, garlic and red peppers for about 10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the bay leaf and rice and cook for a further minute before adding the stock and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and cover with the lid.
- Place in the oven for a 20 minutes.
- Leave to stand with the lid on for a few minutes. You can also leave the rice for up to 30 minutes in the oven with the heat turned off and it will stay hot.
- Stir the spinach into the rice and serve right away.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.