Weight Watchers chilli beef pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Weight Watchers chilli beef pasta recipe is a fantastic, healthy alternative to a traditional spag Bol - and great way to help him slim down without knowing it! This recipe serves 4 people and takes around 45 mins to prepare and cook. This delicious chilli beef pasta is made with extra-lean beef mince, heaps of veggies, infused with garlic and plenty of chilli giving this meal a real kick of flavour. Serve the meat sauce on a bed of penne pasta so the tubes can capture the sauce into each bite. This recipe would work just as well with spaghetti. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, in a bowl covered securely with clingfilm.
- 300g extra-lean beef mince
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 portion fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150ml wine
- 350g passata
- 1 medium courgette, grated
- 1 medium yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 200g pasta, dried
- 25g pine nut kernels, lightly toasted
- 1tsp basil, to garnish
- Heat a large saucepan or sauté pan and add the minced beef a handful at a time, cooking it for 3-4 mins until browned. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Pour in the red wine and let it bubble up, then add the tomato pasta sauce and pepper. Stir well, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, adding a splash of water if necessary. Season to taste.
- When the sauce has been cooking for 10 mins, put the pasta on to cook in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 8-10 mins, or according to pack instructions. Drain thoroughly and share between 4 warmed bowls or plates. Spoon the sauce on top and serve, sprinkled with the pine nuts and garnished with basil leaves.
Get two weeks free when you sign up to Weight Watchers