Weight Watchers halloumi burgers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Weight Watchers halloumi burgers are super easy to make and taste delicious too. If you're looking for something different to make for dinner tonight these burgers should do the trick. These healthy vegetarian burgers are made with tofu, veggies and halloumi cheese - perfect for a tasty lunch or dinner. They would also make the perfect alternative to a beef burger if you're hosting a BBQ. Serve with fresh salad leaves. This recipe makes 8 burgers and takes around 40 mins to prepare and cook them. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- 300g carrots, grated
- 1 medium courgette, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50g sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
- 150g regular tofu, chopped
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 100g halloumi, finely chopped
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 8 Asda Mini Pitta Pockets, (or similar brand)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a large baking sheet with low fat cooking spray.
- Put the carrots into a large mixing bowl and add the courgette, onion, sweetcorn, tofu, breadcrumbs, egg, cheese and coriander. Season, adding just a little salt.
- Form the mixture into 8 burgers and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 20-25 mins, until golden brown.
- Warm the pitta breads and split them open. Fill each one with a burger and some salad, then serve at once.
Get two weeks free when you sign up to Weight Watchers