Weight Watchers tomato and red onion soup
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Weight Watchers tomato and red onion soup is a real favourite. This easy-to-cook tomato soup with a dash of Tabasco sauce makes a delicious lunch or light dinner for anyone who's watching their weight. This recipe serves 3 people and will take around 40 mins to make. We'd recommend making this delicious soup in a big batch so you can freeze some for future lunch or dinners when you're short on time. This lower-fat soup recipe is perfect if you're trying to be healthy and you're counting calories. The tangy red onion, sharp tomato, Tabasco sauce and hint of garlic make one mouth-watering combo.
- 4 large tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 600ml tomato juice
- 300ml fresh stock
- 1tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1tsp basil, torn into pieces, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 splash Tabasco pepper sauce
- 4 small pots very low-fat plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200°C, fan oven 180°C. Put the tomatoes, onion and garlic into a roasting tin. Spray with low fat cooking spray and roast for 20-25 mins, turning once. Cool, then remove the tomato skins and chop the tomatoes.
- Pour the tomato juice and stock into large saucepan and add the roasted vegetables, mixed herbs, basil and Tabasco. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 5-10 mins. Serve the soup, topping each portion with 1tbsp yogurt and a few basil leaves.