Weight Watchers coffee tiramisu cake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Weight Watchers coffee tiramisu cake is a delicious, classic Italian dessert that will impress dinner party guests and is lower in fat and calories too! This delicious cake serves 8 people and takes 40 mins to prepare and bake. This delicious cake has a coffee infused sponge and simple low-fat vanilla yogurt filling as well a drizzle of Tia Maria Liqueur for a naughty twist. This mouth-watering cake is sure to turn a few heads when you present it to your friends and family.
- 1 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 1tsp coffee
- 3 medium eggs
- 75g light brown sugar
- 75g flour
- 250g low-fat soft cheese
- 100g Waitrose Seriously Smooth Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt, (or similar)
- 3tsp Allied Domecq Tia Maria Liqueur, or Marsala
- 1 heaped tsp cocoa powder, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5, 190°C, fan oven 170°C. Lightly grease 2 x 18cm sandwich tins with low-fat cooking spray. Line the bases with circles of non-stick baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the coffee powder or granules into a cup and add 1tbsp boiling water, stirring to dissolve.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together using a hand-held electric whisk until pale, thick and very airy. This will take about 5 mins. Whisk in the coffee liquid. Sift the flour into the mixture and fold it in lightly using a large metal spoon. Share the mixture between the cake tins and level the tops. Bake the cakes for 12-15 mins, or until the tops spring back when pressed lightly. Cool on a wire rack for 5 mins, then remove from the tins and peel away the lining paper. Cool completely.
- Beat the low-fat soft cheese with a wooden spoon until softened, then stir in the vanilla yogurt and 1tbsp Tia Maria or Marsala. Put one of the cakes on a serving plate and sprinkle the rest of the Tia Maria or Marsala evenly over the surface. Spread half the soft cheese mixture on top, then place the second cake in position. Cover with the remaining soft cheese mixture and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve, though allow time for the cake to come up to room temperature to enjoy it at its best.
Get two weeks free when you sign up to Weight Watchers