Christmas pudding crumble
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 100g (31/2oz) plain flour
- 150-200g (5-7oz) leftover Christmas Pudding
- 1 large cooking apple
- 2 ripe pears
- 2 rounded tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2tbsp demerara sugar
- Custard or cream, to serve
- Buttered ovenproof dish
Not suitable for freezing.
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Rub butter into the flour to breadcrumb stage, then crumble in the Christmas Pudding to make the topping.
- Peel, core and thickly slice the apple and pears. Put half the fruit in the dish. Add 1tbsp cranberry sauce, then add the rest of the fruit and sauce, along with 1tbsp of the sugar.
- Spoon the topping over the fruit and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar. Put the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 40 mins. If not browned to your liking, turn up the heat to gas mark 6 or 200°C and bake for another 5-10 mins. Serve hot or cold with custard or cream.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 271(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.