Cookie crumble cheesecake
Serves: 6 - 8
Total time:(plus 30 in the fridge)
Skill level: Bit of effort
It's easy to make this impressive chocolate cheesecake and there's no baking involved. Just bash up some biscuits for the base and top with a tasty cookie crumble and cream cheese filling
- 180g (6 ¼oz) digestive biscuits
- 275g (9 ½oz) Galaxy Cookie Crumble chocolate bar
- 300g (10 1/2 oz) cream cheese
- 200g (7 oz) double cream
- 2tsp lime juice
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) caster sugar
- Chocolate shavings to serve
- 20cm (8in) flan or tart tin
An easier way to melt chocolate: 'Just break it up and put it in the microwave on a low or defrost setting for a few minutes, stirring halfway through'Gordon Ramsay, celebrity chef
- Lightly grease a flan or tart tin.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a large bowl and bash with the end of a rolling pin, until they are randomly broken, with some chunks and crumbs.
- Melt 120g of the chocolate bar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir this into the biscuits and mix really well, to coat all the crumbs with chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the tart tin and press down evenly with the back of a spoon. Place the tin in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Beat together the cream cheese, double cream, lime juice and sugar.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and just stir a little, do not mix it in completely.
- Spoon the cheese mixture on top of the biscuit base and smooth over very roughly.
- Decorate with shavings of chocolate.