Hairy Bikers' chicken in brandy
Skill level: Easy peasy
Taken from their 'Mums Knows Best' series, this creamy chicken and mushroom dish is a great mid-week meal but is also impressive enough for entertaining
- Splash of olive oil
- 30g butter
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 100ml good brandy
- 170g white button mushrooms, wiped and trimmed
- 100ml double cream
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and cook briefly to seal in the juices. Add the diced onion and cook until translucent but not coloured.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Warm the brandy, pour it into the pan and ignite, then wait for the flames to die down. Add the mushrooms, pour over the cream and season well.
- Transfer everything to an ovenproof dish and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour. Serve with some rich mustard mash.