Grapefruit, beetroot and avocado salad
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 baby avocados or 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 baby beetroot, cooked and cut into wedges
- 60g (2oz) cashew nuts, toasted
- Handful of mint leaves
- A couple of handfuls of pea shoots or salad leaves
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel, then segment the two grapefruit over a bowl to collect juice, and squeeze the peelings in, too
- Arrange the grapefruit segments on a large plate, then add the avocado and beetroot.
- To make the dressing: Whisk the maple syrup, or honey, and oil, with seasoning, into the grapefruit juice (about 3-4tbsp)
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, then top with the nuts, shredded mint leaves and pea shoots.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 290(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.