Quick blueberry trifle
Makes: 6 individual trifles
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Splashing out
'This trifle recipe came from my mum and it's really good for parties. Blueberries are full of vitamins and antioxidants, which make up for the high calories!'
- 900g (2lb) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juice
- 130g lemon sponge, cut into cubes
- 340g jar lemon curd (use supermarket basic range)
- 450ml (3/4 pt) whipping cream
- 18 Amaretti biscuits crushed
- Place blueberries in a saucepan with sugar and lemon juice and cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and berries release juice, remove from heat and cool.
- Cut the sponge into cubes and place in serving bowl.
- Pour the blueberries over the sponge, keeping two tbsp back for decoration.
- Put lemon curd in a bowl and stir in the cream, it should thicken almost immediately. Pour over the sponge and blueberries, then chill (you can prepare this the day before).
- Before serving sprinkle over Amaretti biscuits and the remaining blueberries.