Sticky mango chicken
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g carton passata
- 425g bottle barbecue sauce
- 2tbsp honey
- 1 x 400g tin mango, drained and puréed
- 12 small organic free-range chicken pieces, on the bone
Top tip: See our food safety guide for kitchen cooking and for barbecues.
- Heat oil and soften onion with garlic for 3-4 mins. Add passata and when heated, stir in barbecue sauce, honey and mango. Simmer for 5 mins until reduced.
- Heat oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Make incisions in chicken and pour over the hot sauce, season and cook in oven for 20 mins, then finish off on barbecue for 10 mins until crispy and cooked through or roast in the oven for a further 35-40 mins, basting halfway, until crispy and cooked through.
Click the link for more barbecue recipes
For more great family recipes every month, subscribe to Essentials Magazine
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 320(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.