Chocolate cherry mousse
- 2 x 150g bittersweet dark chocolate with whole cherries
- 2 egg whites
- 275ml double cream
- 4tbsp chocolate sauce
Don't bother melting chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Just break it up and put it in the microwave on a low or defrost setting for a few minutes, stirring halfway through.Gordon Ramsay, celebrity chef
- Gently melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites and double cream in separate bowls until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg whites and then into the double cream.
- Spoon nearly all the mixture into four glasses and then top with chocolate sauce. Top with remaining mousse and chill until set.