Goat's cheese and tomato tarts
Prep time:(15-20 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Goat's cheese melts wonderfully and is the perfect topping to this vegetarian tarts. Great as a starter or as a light main with a big leafy salad.
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 375g packet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 200g soft rinded goat's cheese, divided into bite-sized pieces
- Knob of butter
- 1 egg
Go back to Good Friday recipes
- Preheat the oven to 180°:C (gas mark 4). Take the puff pastry and using a 12cm round cutter, make 4 round circles to form the base of each tart. Prick each base with a fork and place onto a Pyrex non-stick oven tray.
- Place a knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the sliced onion and sauté until softened, for approximately 5 mins. Leave to cool.
- Assemble the tarts: leaving a slight edge (approx 1cm), evenly spoon the sautéed onion, cherry tomatoes and pieces of goat's cheese onto each base, sprinkle with dried thyme and season.
- Finally, glaze the tarts by brushing egg yolk around the rim. Place in the oven and cook for 15 mins or until golden brown.