Ching-He Huang's egg-fried rice
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you always order egg-fried rice for Chinese takeaway, you'll love this 15-minute recipe - it's fab as part of a Chinese feast at home! Ready in only 15 minutes, you don't really get speedier than this recipe! You can add a bit of twist to a classic egg fried rice recipe by either adding some chopped chilli, or you can add some frozen king prawns or chicken for a more filling meal. This is a fab side that goes really well with a Thai or Chinese-inspired curry.
- 2tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50g/2oz cooked baby shrimps
- 50g/2oz frozen peas
- 400g/14oz cooked jasmine rice
- 1-2tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 pinches of ground white pepper
This egg-fried rice is perfect with Ching's sweet and sour pork
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil. Pour in the beaten eggs and leave to settle for 1-2 mins, then swirl the liquid egg around the wok and, using a wooden spoon, stir to lightly scramble it. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the shrimps and frozen peas to the wok and stir-fry for less than 1 min. Add the rice and mix well until the rice has broken down.
- Return the scrambled eggs to the the wok, season with soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper to taste and serve immediately.