Honey mustard gammon, egg and potato wedges
Skill level: Easy peasy
A great pub classic with a modern twist that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home.
- 2-3 medium potatoes e.g. Maris Piper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 x 175g gammon steaks
- 2 medium eggs
Cut down on your cooking time by frying an egg instead of poaching
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas mark 6.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into wedges and place in a medium sandwich bag with the oil and seasoning. Shake well to coat. Transfer to a non-stick baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey and mustard together and spread over the gammon steaks. Place under the grill, preheated to a medium heat, and cook for 7-8 mins, turning once.
- For the perfect poached egg, add the eggs, gently, to a pan of boiling water, reduce the heat to a simmer and poach for 2-3 mins or slightly longer for a firmer result.
- Top the gammon steak with the egg and place the wedges to the side.
- Serve with peas.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 635(kcal)
- Fat 29.0g
- Saturates 8.5g
- Sugars 7.0g
- Salt 4.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.