Pad Thai pancakes
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 8 coconut milk batter pancakes, made in a 20-23cm (8-9in) pan
- 125g (4oz) Thai rice noodles
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 2tsp tamarind paste or 1tsp green Thai curry paste
- 2-3tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g pack vegetable and beansprout stir-fry
- 200g (7oz) raw tiger prawns
- About 60g (2oz) roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- About 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Cut the noodles roughly in half, with scissors, and put them in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over them and leave to soak for 5-10 mins.
- Mix together the sugar, tamarind, or Thai curry paste, fish sauce and lime juice, to make a dressing.
- Add 1tbsp of the oil to a wok or large pan and cook the veg for about 5 mins, or according to pack directions. Add drained noodles and dressing, and warm through. Divide mixture between the warm pancakes.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in wok or pan and cook prawns for a few mins until they turn pink all over. Divide them between pancakes, along with peanuts and coriander. Roll up the pancakes and serve with lime wedges and chilli sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 432(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.