- 375g packet ready-rolledpuff pastry
- 4-5 level tablespoons raspberry jam
- 150-170g punnet raspberries
For the ganaches:
- 300ml carton whipping cream
- 50g (ĺoz) white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200g bar dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Small, disposable piping bag
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 7 or 220įC.
- Unroll the pastry and trim off edges
- Cut pastry widthways into 3 pieces and place them on a baking sheet
- Prick the top of the pastry with a fork, so that it rises evenly, place another baking sheet on top, supporting it just above the pastry with metal cooking weights or potato cubes.
- Bake in top of the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pastry is a lightgolden colour
- Remove top baking sheet, then take the bottom sheet out of the oven. Slide the pastry sheets on to a wire rack to cool.
Meanwhile, make the ganaches:
To make white chocolate ganache:
- Pour 4 tablespoons whipping cream into a pan and bring it to the boil and pour it over the white chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts, warming it gently if necessary.
To make dark chocolate ganache:
- Pour the remaining cream into a pan and bring it to the boil; pour it over the plain chocolate
- Stir until the chocolate dissolves and add the vanilla.
- Reserve a small amount of the mixture to spread on the top; keep this in a bowl at room temperature.
- Chill remaining ganache well.
- Whisk the chilled ganache until itís light and fluffy.
- Keep the best piece of pastry for the top and spread the raspberry jam over the other 2 pieces and spread the whipped ganache over them and arrange the raspberries on top
- Stack the 2 layers on a serving plate.
- Re-warm the reserved dark ganache and the white chocolate ganache for the topping, if necessary, heating them gently so that they donít separateTransfer white chocolate ganache to the piping bag.
- Spread the dark chocolate ganache over the reserved piece of pastry and place it on top of the stacked pieces
- Cut off the end of piping bag to give a small hole and pipe lines widthways across the top of the millefeuille.
- Use tip of a fine skewer to draw lines lengthways, in alternating directions, through the white lines to feather them
- Keep the millefeuille chilled until serving
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 574(kcal)
- Fat 40.0g
- Saturates 23.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.