Video recipe: Mincemeat crumble
This recipe is really good with speciality flavour mincemeats, for example brandy mincemeat.
- 300g (10oz) plain flour
- 200g (7oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g packet ground almonds
- 100g (31/2oz) caster sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 410g jar mincemeat
- 50g (13/4oz) flaked almonds
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Set the oven to Gas mark 4 or 180įC.
- Tip the flour into the bowl of a food processor and add the cubed butter, ground almonds, caster sugar and salt. Whizz the mixture starts to bind together. Alternatively, tip the ingredients into a bowl and rub the butter into the flour.
- Tip about ĺ mixture into the base of the lined tin and spread it out well and then press it down very firmly.
- Spread the mincemeat in an even layer over the top.
- Mix the flaked almonds into the remaining mixture and then scatter this over the top of the mincemeat, and press it down lightly.
- Bake the traybake in the centre of the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the topping is a light golden colour.
- Remove the traybake from the oven and leave it to cool in the tin.
- Use the lining paper to help lift the traybake out onto a cutting board. Dust icing sugar over the top and then cut the traybake into 12-14 fingers.
* To freeze, omit the dusting of icing sugar and donít cut into fingers. Wrap the traybake in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Allow to defrost before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into fingers.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.