Chicken breast with lemon and tarragon sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
This tangy stuffed chicken recipe with dairy-free sauce is ready in just under an hour and it goes well with Dauphinois potatoes or even a simple serving of vegetables or rice
- 2 lemons
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 8 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tsp salt flakes
- 1tsp mixed peppercorns, roughly ground
- 250ml Alpro soya cream alternative
See more of our dairy-free recipes
- To make this chicken breast recipe, preheat the oven to 200ْºC/fan180ْºC/gas 6
- Cut 7 slices from the middle of 1 lemon and juice the remainder along with the other lemon and set aside.
- Insert 1 slice of lemon under the skin of each chicken breast along with a sprig of tarragon and put in a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt and ground pepper. Roast for 35 mins.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm. Put the roasting tin over a low heat on the hob and add the lemon juice. Stir with a wooden spatula, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom of the tin. Add the soya cream and stir well to heat the mixture through.
- Return the chicken to the tin and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with the remaining tarragon and lemon slices, and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 321(kcal)
- Fat 18.3g
- Saturates 2.8g
- Sugars 2.4g
- Salt 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.