Chocolate Banoffee Pudding
- 100g (3Żoz) self-raising flour
- 100g (3Żoz) butter, softened
- 100g (3Żoz) soft light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 100g packet plain chocolate drops
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 150ml carton double cream
- 50g (1żoz) butter
- 125g (4oz) soft light brown sugar
- 2 level tablespoons cocoa
- 5-6 individual, mini (150ml/╝ pint) pudding tins, buttered
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190░C.
- To make the puddings: Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the butter, brown sugar, eggs and milk, and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the mashed banana and chocolate drops. Divide the mixture between the buttered tins.
- Put the tins on a baking tray and place in the centre of the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the puddings are just firm to the touch when lightly pressed in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins for about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce: Pour the cream into a pan and add the butter, sugar and cocoa. Place the pan over a low heat and stir until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
- Increase the heat under the pan and bring the sauce to the boil, and then simmer the sauce until it reaches a coating consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Re-warm the sauce before serving, if necessary. Tip the puddings out of the tins on to serving plates, and serve hot with the sauce drizzled over the top
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 664(kcal)
- Fat 43.0g
- Saturates 23.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.