Slimming World's chicken and potato curry
Cooking time:(may need an extra 6 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Slimming World's chicken curry recipe is one of our favourite delicious and simple-to-make Slimming World curry recipes! It’s guilt-free too, making it the perfect Saturday night alternative to a takeaway. This Slimming World curry is easy to make, and it's ready to be eaten in less than hour. Curry is one the nation's favourite meals and it's not off the menu if you're counting the calories. Diet club Slimming World have taken the classic dish and made it nice and healthy, and the best part is that it has not lost out on any of the flavour. The main way this Slimming World curry recipe is better for you in terms of calories is that it‘s not made with coconut milk or any other liquids that can add more calories to a curry – it’s simply cooked with water but it still taste absolutely delicious. This Slimming World curry recipe is so tasty, even those not following the diet can enjoy it, so you don’t have to cook two meals if you’re following the Slimming World plan. The potato in the mix means you don't need to serve it with rice and sides. This Slimming World chicken curry serves 4 people and should take approximately 40 minutes to make. If you’re craving curry, make this light and tasty Slimming World chicken curry instead of getting a takeaway – it’s a lot healthier and cheaper. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving this Slimming World curry.
Top tip: Using cheaper cuts of chicken like leg and thighs, will help to make this chicken curry less expensive.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 794g (1lb 12oz) skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 170g (6oz) baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp medium or hot curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A large handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves
- To make your chicken curry, place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the onion, chicken, potatoes, spinach and curry powder, stir to mix well. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 397ml (14fl oz) of water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25-30 mins, or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Remove from the heat and season well with salt and black pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs and serve immediately.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.