Broccoli and salmon pasta
Cooking time:(may need an extra 5 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
This delicious salmon pasta recipe is a real family favourite. Ready in just 20 mins, this broccoli and salmon tagliatelle dish serves 4 people and is great for using up leftovers too. This superfood-packed fish pasta recipe is full of protein and contains a third of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C, so get it down the kids too. If you don't have salmon choose other fish instead like cod, haddock or tuna. Store leftovers of this salmon pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Serve cold or reheat thoroughly to serve. Sprinkle with chopped chilli to give an extra kick of flavour to this creamy salmon pasta.
Top tip: Like many dark green vegetables, broccoli has nearly every vitamin and mineral in it and it also contains a chemical that reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- 200g bellaverde broccoli
- 350g (12oz) tagliatelle
- 225g (8oz) skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 150ml (¼ pt) dry white wine or stock
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 300ml (½ pt) single cream
- Chopped fresh dill to garnish, if liked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make this superfood recipe cook the tagliatelle in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins or until just tender or ‘al dente’. Drain in a colander.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, place the salmon in a medium frying pan, add the white wine and salt and pepper. Cover, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5-6 mins or until the salmon is just cooked and flakes easily.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate and break into large flakes with a fork. Increase the heat and simmer the cooking liquid until it is reduced to about 45ml (3tbsp).
- Meanwhile, wash and prepare the broccoli by trimming the base of each spear and chopping the remaining into 3cm pieces. Add the butter to the reduced wine, then add the spring onions and broccoli and sauté for 3 mins. Add the cream, cover and simmer for 3-4 mins or until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove the lid, stir in the salmon and season to taste. Add the sauce to the cooked tagliatelle, then toss until coated in the sauce. Serve sprinkled with a little dill if liked.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 629(kcal)
- Fat 26.8g
- Saturates 13.6g
- Sugars 9.8g
- Salt 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.