Bean and pea rice stir-fry
- 200g (7oz) wholegrain or plain basmati rice
- 125g (4oz) each frozen edamame (soya) beans and peas
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh root ginger
- ½ - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon each pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, toasted
- About 60g (2oz) fresh rocket leaves, or baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Use frozen broad beans or any canned beans as an alternative to edamame.
- Stir the rice into a large pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil, then cook for 15-20 minutes, until almost tender. Stir in the beans and peas and leave for a couple of minutes, then drain well.
- Fry the ginger, chilli, garlic and spring onion in a wok with the sesame oil for 2 minutes. Add the drained rice with the beans and peas, and then the lime juice, tomatoes and toasted seeds.
- Stir in the rocket or spinach leaves, adding the soy sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 416(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.