Chocolate orange fondant puddings
Skill level: Bit of effort
These delicious puddings have a runny chocolate meal - the perfect end to a dinner party meal or just a tasty dessert to treat your family
- 300g (10½ oz) good quality dark chocolate (about 70% cocoa solids)
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 75g (3oz) unsalted block butter
- 50g (2oz) light brown soft sugar
- 5 medium organic British eggs
- 50g (2oz) plain flour, sifted
- 60ml (4tbsp) thick cut orange marmalade
These puddings can be made several hours in advance, cover and chill until ready to cook. Increase the cooking time to 11-12 minutes. For an even more indulgent flavour add 15ml (1tbsp) orange flavoured liquor.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, gas mark 6. Butter 6 x 150ml (¼pt) capacity pudding tins or ramekins. Place the chocolate and orange rind in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and orange marmalade in a food processor and blend to make a smooth batter. Add the melted chocolate and whiz again until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the dishes. Place on a baking tray and bake for 9 minutes. The outside will be cooked with a molten centre. Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche.