Grilled salmon with ginger, honey and lime
Prep time:(plus at least 20 mins to marinade)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Fresh salmon, dressed simply with honey, ginger and lime gives you an exciting but healthy dinner
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1” piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- A little low-sodium salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets
- Make the marinade by whisking all the ingredients together in a shallow bowl.
- Season to taste with the low-sodium salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the salmon in the bowl and turn gently to coat with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the grill.
- Cook the salmon under the grill for about 2- 3 minutes each side.
- Spoon the remaining marinade over the salmon and allow to stand for 2 -3 minutes before serving.