Caramel chocolate cheesecake
Cooking time:chill until set
Skill level: Bit of effort
Caramel chocolate cheesecake is a super-rich cheesecake that features everyone's favourite flavour combination: chocolate and caramel. This cheesecake serves 10 but because it's so indulgent, it might stretch to a couple more, if you keep portions quite small. This is the perfect dinner party dessert as it's ideal for making a day ahead - it only takes 20 minutes to make and prepare, and then needs at least 4 hours to chill until it has set, so if you start it the day before and leave it in the fridge overnight, it will be ready to go on the day that you're entertaining. Plus you'll have more time on the day to get on with other things, or even put your feet up!
- 30g butter, melted
- 125g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 300g Philadelphia Light
- 150 ml fresh custard
- 200g caramel dulce de leche
- 1 sachet (11g) powdered gelatine
- 50g dark chocolate, coarsely grated
Caramel dulce de leche can be found in most major supermarkets next to the condensed milk.
- Mix together the butter and biscuit crumbs. Press the mixture firmly into the base of an 18cm loose bottomed cake tin and chill whilst preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Place the Philadelphia, custard and dulce de leche in a bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Put 3 tbsp of water in a small basin and sprinkle on the gelatine. Stand the basin over a saucepan of hot water and heat gently until dissolved.
- Stir the gelatine into the Philly mixture. Then fold in the grated chocolate. Pour onto the prepared biscuit base and leave to chill for about 4 hours or until set. Serve decorated as liked.