Chocolate Easter biscuits
Cooking time:(may need an extra 2 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Treat the kids to these cute Easter biscuits - they only need 7 minutes in the oven and they're really easy to make, so get the kids involved too
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 75g dark chocolate chunks
- 100g butter
- 110g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate soda
- 125g light brown muscavado sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 50g chocolate chunks
- 100g white marzipan
Don't bother melting chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Just break it up and put it in the microwave on a low or defrost setting for a few minutes, stirring halfway through.Gordon Ramsay, celebrity chef
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/355ºF/gas 4.
- In a small pan, melt together the dark chocolate and the butter. Transfer to a mixing bowl and leave to cool, then beat in the flour and bicarbonate of soda followed by the sugar and egg. Place 1 heaped tsp of the mixture, spaced well apart, on 4 non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake in batches for 8 - 10 mins, the biscuits will rise up and then flatten out when they’re done.
- Leave to firm up for a min on the trays then lift off and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt the milk chocolate over a pan of just-boiled water.
- Roll the marzipan into small egg shapes, and place on the biscuits. Using a tsp, quickly drizzle over the melted chocolate.
See more classic Easter biscuits recipes