Video recipe: Gizzi Erskine's Easter cookies
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 90g butter, softened
- 100g golden caster sugar (eg. Billington's)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ salt
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the flour to the butter mix and mix until the dough is formed.
- Wrap the cookie dough in cling and chill for at least 1 hr.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan 150°C).
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 0.5cm. Cut out the cookies and transfer to baking sheets.
- Roll up the trimmings and repeat stages above to make more cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until golden. Remove and transfer to a cooling wire and leave until completely cool before decorating.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.