Scrambled egg and crab on garlic croutes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 large or 4 small slices white country-style bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 100g tub white crabmeat
- A little cress, to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To get big soft “flakes” of egg, don’t stir them too much while they are cooking. Scrambled egg also tastes great topped with smoked salmon, anchovies or ham.Sue McMahon
- Drizzle the olive oil over both sides of the bread. Griddle the slices for a few mins until browned and crisp. Rub one side of each slice with the garlic clove to get as much flavour into the bread as possible.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan, add the beaten eggs and cook over a low heat, to scramble them.
- Spoon the eggs on the garlic-flavoured toast, then top with the crabmeat and garnish with cress. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 537(kcal)
- Fat 40.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.