Spinach and sweetcorn lasagne
Serves: 4 - 6
Cooking time:(may need an extra 5 mins)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
Here is a really simple recipe for a vegetable lasagne, which is ready in just 55 minutes. The kids will love it too and it feeds a family of four, for just £5.20
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano or basil
- 400g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 200g light cream cheese
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- 125g grated mozzarella cheese
- 125g or 4-5 sheets quick cook lasagne
You can use cream cheese with garlic and herbs if you like
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and cook gently for 4-5 mins until golden. Add the garlic and cook 1 min. Spoon half of the onion into a bowl, then add the canned tomatoes and dried herbs to the pan and simmer for 5 mins.
- Put the spinach into a large sieve and press with a wooden spoon to squeeze out as much water as possible then put into the bowl with the onion, soft cheese and drained sweetcorn, mix well and season.
- Spoon a third of this mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish approx 20cm square. Add a layer of pasta followed by another layer of spinach, a third of the tomato sauce, pasta, spinach, tomato, pasta and finally tomato sauce.
- Scatter over the mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until browned on top.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 431(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
- Sugars 13.0g
- Salt 1.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.