Gino D'Acampo's ricotta tiramisu
Total time:(including refrigeration time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Gino has substituted the whipped double cream and mascarpone cheese used in traditional tiramisu recipes with lower-fat ricotta cheese and Greek yogurt
- 500g ricotta
- 250g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 80g caster sugar
- 6tbsp crushed hazelnuts
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml cold strong coffee
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 savoiardi (sponge finger biscuits)
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
'Make sure you dust the tiramisu with cocoa powder at the last minute just before you serve it to your guests'Gino D'Acampo, celebrity chef
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the yogurt and sugar in a large bowl. Add the hazelnuts and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Pour the cold coffee into a small bowl and mix in the cinnamon.
- Quickly dip half the sponge fingers in the coffee and then place in the base of a rectangular serving dish (30 x 22cm and at least 5cm deep).
- Spread half of the ricotta mixture on top. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the dish with clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for 15 mins. Just before serving, dust the top with the cocoa powder.
The I Diet is published by Kyle Cathie Ltd, priced £12.99 and available from Amazon.
Photography by Kate Whitaker.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 292(kcal)
- Fat 14.7g
- Saturates 5.0g
- Sugars 23.5g
- Salt 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.