Butternut squash bake
- 1 medium butternut squash, unpeeled, quartered and deseeded
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 100g (3½oz) risotto rice
- 30g (1oz) Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- Set oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Put squash and onion wedges in a roasting tin, brush with olive oil and roast for 35-40 minutes until squash is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, put the rice in an ovenproof dish and pour over 450ml (15fl oz) hot water. Cover and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the rice is almost tender. Drain off the water.
- Stir half the grated Parmesan into the rice, then spoon the mixture into the squash hollows, sprinkle the rest of the cheese all over the squash, along with plenty of seasoning. Add pepper chunks and put the roasting tin back in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 450(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.