Baked peppers with oaty nut stuffing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This stuffed pepper recipe is packed full of healthy ingredients like nuts, herbs and oats. A great way for your whole family to enjoy healthy eating
- 4 red peppers
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 onion (200g), chopped
- 75g mixed nuts, chopped
- ½ x 25g pack basil, shredded
- 100g oats
For a non vegetarian option, try adding some chopped cooked bacon to the stuffing.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6.
- Cut the tops off each pepper to make lids and stand upright in a small roasting tin.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4-5 mins until softened. Add the nuts, basil and oats and season well, cook for 2 mins.
- Spoon into the 4 peppers and place the lids on top. Bake for 30 mins until softened.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.