French bread pizzas
Skill level: Easy peasy
These French bread pizzas are quick, easy and delicious! Try them as a healthier takeaway alternative - the kids will love them too.
- 1 small French bread stick
- 200g passata with herbs
- 1 buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
- 6 cherry vine tomatoes, halved
- 100g fresh peas, shelled and cooked
- Parmesan cheese for grating (or vegetarian alternative)
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper
This recipe contains only 317 calories: shop-bought pizza can contain up to 350 calories per slice!
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Cut the French stick in half and then cut each half into 2. Place on a baking tray.
- Spread the passata evenly over the cut side of French stick. Top with the mozzarella, tomatoes and peas.
- Grate over some Parmesan cheese, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the top of the oven for 8-10 mins until golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 317(kcal)
- Fat 14.8g
- Saturates 6.3g
- Salt 1.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.