Chicken Caesar salad with blue cheese
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 thick slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cos lettuce hearts
- 60g (2oz) Stilton cheese
- 2tsp capers, chopped if large
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 5tbsp single cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a frying pan, add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook, without adding oil to the pan, for 20-25 mins, until cooked through. Cool, remove the skin and bones and cut, or tear, the chicken into strips.
- Cut the bread into small cubes. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the bread cubes and cook for 3-4 mins turning occasionally until crisp and golden.
- Pull the lettuce leaves apart and leave them whole or tear them into pieces and put in a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Add chicken strips to the bowl of salad leaves, with the croûtons and small chunks of Stilton.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 380(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.