- 500g (1lb) new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 225g chorizo ring, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, about 125g (4oz), coarsely grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 125g (4oz) Manchego cheese, coarsely grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
Cookery Editor, Sue McMahon, suggests serving the tortilla with a green salad for a light meal. Cheddar cheese can be used if you can't find the Spanish Manchego cheese.
- Boil potatoes for 5 minutes. Drain well and put back in the pan to dry. Donít worry if they break up a little.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and
- cook for 3-4 minutes, and then add the potatoes and mix in well.
- Add courgette to the pan. Pour in the beaten egg. Season well and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, until almost set.
- Heat the grill. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the tortilla. Put the pan under the grill and heat for about 5 minutes until the cheese is golden. Serve warm, straight from the pan. Or cool for about 10 minutes, take out of the pan and serve cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 290(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.