Tuna with grapefruit and beetroot salad
- Spray olive oil
- 2 x 125g (4oz) tuna steaks. Fresh fish advice video
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g (5oz) couscous (dry weight), to serve
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 4 cooked baby beetroot
- 2 good handfuls of watercress
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Spray oil on both sides of the tuna steaks and season well. Set aside.
- To make the salad: Peel and segment the grapefruit over a bowl to catch the juice. Cut the flesh into thinner slices, if you prefer. Cut the beetroot into wedges and add to the grapefruit.
- Griddle the tuna for a minute or two on each side.
- Put the tuna on the plates, arrange the grapefruit and beetroot round the fish and top with the watercress. Whisk the oil into the grapefruit juice, and season. Spoon the dressing over the salad and fish, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with the couscous, cooked according to pack instructions, flavoured with lots of chopped herbs.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 366(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.