Phil Vickery's turkey, basil and corn burgers
Cooking time:(may need an extra 2 mins)
Total time:(not including chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Phil Vickery's turkey burgers take just 20 minutes to mix up and shape into patties, then just barbecue for 10 minutes or you could use a griddle pan over the stove if the weather takes a turn
- 500g minced British turkey
- 2tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- 2tbsp Worcester sauce
- 2 heaped tbsp tinned sweetcorn, well drained
- 4-5 tbsp natural dried breadcrumbs
- ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten
- Salt and ground white pepper
'I have discovered a great trick. If you add a little mayonnaise to the raw mix it really helps to keep the burger beautifully juicy and tasty.'Phil Vickery, celebrity chef
- Mix the turkey, mayo, basil, Worcester sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
- Add the seasonings, sweetcorn and bread crumbs and mix well again.
- Leave to chill for 30 mins.
- Mould into 4 or 6 balls, then flatten slightly into small patties and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To cook, lightly spray or brush the patties with a little olive oil then oil the BBQ bars just before putting on the burgers.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes then turn 90° to give a criss-cross effect. Cook again for 3-4 mins. Turn over and cook for a further 3-4 mins.
- Serve the burgers in a soft tortilla wrap with a little chopped crunchy lettuce, sliced ripe tomato and another spoonful of mayo or your favourite relish.
Click on the link for more barbecue recipes