Chocolate chip oat cookies
- 125g (4oz) olive oil spread
- 60g (2oz) muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- ½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 125g (4oz) jumbo oats
- 125g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 60g (2oz) chocolate chips
- 2 baking sheets, lined with Bakewell paper
Use butter instead of spread, rolled oats instead of jumbo, and add raisins or other dried fruit instead of chocolate, if you prefer.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160°C. Mix the spread, sugar and honey in a bowl and microwave on Full power for about 30 seconds, until just melted.
- Stir in the spice, oats and flour, then add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture, spaced well apart, on to the Bakewell paper on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight tin. They will keep for a few days.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 123(kcal)
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.