Lime and coconut cheesecake
Skill level: Bit of effort
This lime and coconut cheesecake is perfect for a dinner party and guaranteed to impress your guests, it's the taste of the Caribbean in a cheesecake! A bit like a pina colada, this lime and coconut cheesecake will transport you to more tropical places and you'll certainly be feeling festive after a slice! It's perfect for a special occasion and makes a nice change from the usual cheesecake or dessert recipes.
- 8 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50g (13/4oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 300g (10oz) mascarpone cheese
- 100g (31/2oz) ricotta cheese
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 100g (31/2oz) golden caster sugar
- 40g (11/2oz) desiccated coconut
- grated zest and juice of 3 limes, plus
- strands of lime zest, to decorate
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped
- For the rum cream:
200ml (7floz) double cream
1tbsp icing sugar
4tbsp dark rum
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Mix the biscuits into the melted butter. Place four 10cm (4in) chef’s rings on a baking sheet and press in the biscuit mix.
- Put the cheeses, flour, sugar, coconut, lime juice and zest, eggs, and the seeds of the vanilla pod into a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and bake for 20 minutes, until golden. It should be slightly wobbly in the centre when ready. Leave to cool in the oven.
- To make the rum cream, put the cream, icing sugar, and rum into a bowl and whisk to form soft peaks.
- Put the cooled cheesecakes onto serving plates and top with quenelles of rum cream and strands of lime.